I am.....

My photo
an easy going person who enjoys the simple things...a good book, a scary movie, a cup of hot chocolate made by my love..just to name a few. I started this blog so I could play with some of the fun things I read in other blogs. Then I decided to take it a bit deeper and start using it to express my thoughts and feelings and just whatever comes to mind.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday wanderings

Last night Storm and I went down to the local redneck bar so she could play poker. They do a Texas Holdem game every Tuesday and Char's boyfriend goes down there every week. When Storm is in town she likes to go down. I don't play, I can never remember the rules, but for some reason I tag along. I usually take a book or a notebook to write in and end up munching tater tots and swigging Mountain Dew. Last night Char decided to go and 'keep me company' while they played but I hardly spoke to her. She was in and out of the place talking on her phone about a new job prospect. I hope she gets it, looks promising.

The problem with her being in and out was I couldn't get into anything. I had taken a notebook and was going to start outlining a new story idea that has been floating around my brain lately. Every time I'd pick up my pen she'd be back to jabber and then she'd be off again. Not good for the flow of ideas. She did help me did figure out the design for a bracelett I've been wanting to make though, so it wasn't a totally wasted evening.

I saw a woman there that Char and I went to high school with. I didn't care much for her in school, she was 'loose' and she hung around this boy I had a crush on. Yes, I was jealous. One of my main memories of her was that she had named her girly bits and the word got out. Unfortunately she had given them the unimaginative nickname of 'kitty'. I remember her leaving school in tears because a bunch of guys started chanting 'here kitty kitty kitty' as she walked by in the hall one day. The stupid things teenagers do. Char doesn't like her, they have bad history, but I have no reason to not be polite when I see her. Even when she corners me in the ladies room to drukenly reminisce about how no on liked her in school, but at least she remembers me being nice to her. Could have been the beer talking though.

Storm finally took pity on me and lost on purpose so we could go home. I should have demanded compensation for my time! Something besides soda and fattening munchies. On the way home she told me that this man at her table thought she was a guy, kept calling her 'him' and 'he'. It aggravates her when that happens, but she doesn't say anything. I guess she feels it would embarass the person if she corrected them in front of others, but if someone who knows her is there she wants them to do it. I wasn't near enough hear the conversation or she would have expected me to say something. It's something that happens occasionally. She could pass as a guy if she wanted to. She wears men's clothing out of preference for comfort and style, keeps her hair quite short in a guyish style, loves all things to do with tools and fixing and building things, her natural walk is even boyish. She is in no way 'girly' but she doesn't like being called 'he' it's not who she is.

I guess that I was thinking about that because of one of the TMI questions yesterday. It asked about my 'type' and I answered that I didn't really have one. I'm not sure that's completely true now that I think about it. On an individual basis I find people attractive for different reasons, mostly based on personality. But in general I do find certain traits attractive. I find strong butches quite sexy, the ones with that certain gleam in their eye that says they know how to treat a lady when she needs to be a slut. I find girly femmes sexy, the ones who can pull off the heels and are comfortable in stockings and are all soft and silky....could be femme envy in part though, I wish I could be that kind of girl. Personalities aside I do find a certain type of man physically attractive. I like Native American men, long black hair, dark eyes, smooth fairly hairless brownish skin, but on the tallish side. I actually married one of that type, except for the tall part. He had a sucky personality, but he contributed to the making of some pretty babies. Shallow of me, but that's how I put a positive spin on that chapter of my life.

I just found out that the high school has open campus lunch today because of finals. Living just across the street that means that the bratlette will be coming home, with her boyfriend in tow, to find sustenance. Lovely, maybe Storm and I can be 'away' right about then. Am doesn't need me to fix her lunch anymore, she's a big girl now. And here I was thinking Storm and I would have the day to ourselves. Kind of worries me for Friday. It's her birthday and she has outlined some specific plans for us during the day while the kids are in school. All I've got to say is no one had better try to stay home sick that day!!

No comments: